At Clement Truck Driving Academy, we don’t just provide you with CDL training to get your Class A, we ensure you become a professional driver. We want to be sure you can obtain employment with the best trucking companies.In order to qualify for training, you must meet our enrollment requirements.
You DO NOT need a High School Diploma, equivalent or GED to enroll in Clement Truck Driving Academy's driver training classes.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Have held a driver’s license for the past three years within the United States
• Reside in any state EXCEPT Illinois, Maryland or South Carolina (if you live in these states, you must obtain your Commercial Driver's License in your respective state)
• Have original or certified (sealed) copy of birth certificate to get a permit from the DMV and to take your CDL test
• Understand highway traffic signals and signs
• Have basic fundamental skills to read, write and speak English, as per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. (§391 FMCSR)
• Be a lawful, permanent resident of the United States or have a current valid VISA or work permit to work in the United States
• Must obtain a seven (7) year MVR with no convictions in the past 3 years of any of the following: DUI, refusal to take a chemical test, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or careless/reckless driving
• Take and pass a DOT physical and drug test (this is done on the first day of training)